Monday, May 14, 2012

Tigertail Beach in spring~

 I saw quite a few Black-bellied Plovers in breeding colors - these birds at this time of year - are absolutely incredible to see!

 I saw a colony of Black Skimmers near a colony of Royal Terns - nesting & mating.
 A beautiful Dunlin in Spring breeding colors - stunning!
 The least terns were very very active, feeding, nesting, calling, mating, and became very anxious with my presence~
I only saw this one little Snowy Plover and a few Wilsons Plover, - and they do nest on this part of the beach. I was hoping to see more Snowy Plovers - but only this one was walking around - I never saw another~

10 comments:

  1. Fab photos Rachelle, i always remember the first time i saw birds mating. It was a head scratching moment as to what the heck they were trying to achieve.
    Shaun Valleys ShutterBug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are stunning, Rachelle. I love the softness of the hues and beautiful birds. My thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of photos! The Black-bellied Plover is quite a sight in its breeding plumage!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Absolutely stunning serie for a birdlover like me
    Greetings from Sweden
    /Ingemar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola, bonitas fotos de estos limícolas.
    saludos
    Javi

    ReplyDelete
  6. go to my site Ysl replica bags pop over to this web-site Prada Dolabuy continue reading this a fantastic read

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Your comments are appreciated ~ rv